Dissemination You Think-Eco CitizenshipDecember 31, 2018
ЕВС МЕНТОРJanuary 2, 2019
Interreg – IPA CBC Greece – North Macedonia
Health care for children with Cardio and Respiratory sensitivity in the Cross Border area
|Priority axis||Development and Support of Local Economy|
|Specific Objective||Improvement of preventive health care and social services of children and elderly population|
|Call||1st Call for Project Proposals|
|Start date||May 9, 2018|
|Lead Partner||Organisation of Culture, Sport and Environment (O.C.S.E.) of the Municipality of Volvi|
|Partners||Panhellenic Organisation of Women “Panathinaiki” – Thessaloniki Branch “Thermaides”
Doctors of the World – Greek Delegation
University St. Kliment Ohridski, Higher Medical School – Bitola
Association for sustainable development SFERA “MACEDONIA”
The aim of the project is the promotion of health of all children in the cross-border area, through implementation of a
screening program for children with focus in vulnerable populations for the prevention and detection of asthma and congenital heart diseases,
for the provision of primary health care and counselling regarding the above mentioned diseases, for training of parents and teachers, and implementation of innovative Information & Communication Technologies (ICT).
The project will focus on interventions and innovative patient management tools in order to promote children’s well-being at four levels:
- Screening to identify new patients
- Primary health care (monitoring) for children with already detected illnesses (asthma and congenital heart diseases)
- Counselling & Training to raise awareness of parents and school teachers
- Implementation of ICT tools and Remote monitoring to elevate sense of safety
Towards this direction, the main outputs of the project are:
– Screening and assessment methodological framework.
– Mobile Unit and equipment.
– Screening and primary health care in the cross border area.
– Hot spots identification and mapping.
– Implementation of e-health systems: monitoring platform and e-health data repository with the use of Smart monitoring watches and On-line capacity building
– Training in the School and Family environments.
– Publicity actions for the diffusion of the project’s results.
Through the project the beneficiaries gain experience in the implementation of innovative tools and services using information and communication technologies (ICTs) that can improve prevention, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and management. The project can benefit the target group of the cross border area by improving access to health care and quality of health care.