SFERA Sport ProgramMarch 26, 2020
From 02 – 06 December 2019, in order to mark the day of volunteering in Bitola, SFERA INTERNATIONAL in partnership with YMCA Bitola organize a volunteering week as part of the project ‚‚ Volunteer – Progress ‚‚ whose main purpose is to promote volunteering and youth volunteering. for greater involvement in the volunteering process, for their easier further professional development.
Through the realization of the project activities, were achieved the following goals:
- Raising awareness of mass inclusion of young people from primary and secondary schools who will be directly involved in volunteering for their better further professional development in the local community where they live
- Strengthening contacts with secondary and primary schools in the Republic of Northern Macedonia and opportunities for better future cooperation in all fields;
- Getting to know each other and direct communication between young people from different social groups who together as a team will tackle the benefit of volunteering which as an altruistic activity, is aimed at promoting good, improving the quality of life, helping with some activities.
Activities during the volunteer’s week:
- Creative workshops for creating recycled bags for shopping from the old T-shirts
- Donate mini libraries with free-donated books in 3 public institutions
- Distribution of recycled bags for the purchase of citizens from Bitola
- Visiting Sue Ryder’s Elderly Home and Organizing Various Recreation and Social Activities
- NGO Volunteerism Fair
- Volunteer local awards
- Panel Discussion on Raising Citizens’ Awareness about Volunteering
- Blood Donation Action
The project was funded by the Municipality of Bitola.