Здраво, како сте вие? Today, I’d like to share with you my experience participating in EVS project called ‘Upgrade your neighborhood – Brand your city’, a project that brought together young people from 3 different countries (Greece, Croatia and Ukraine) to improve and upgrade one of the neighborhoods called Karposh by means of creating and conducting different activities and events, intercultural interactions, adapting active lifestyle, integration in and engagement with local community. The project took place from 01.11.2018 to 01.12.18 in Bitola (Macedonia).
To cut it short, it was amazing… A month of productivity, positive influence, fun, new experience, international and intercultural mingling and a bit of traveling.
What about activities and stuff?
- While being I had the chance to conduct 5 workshops/trainings on the topics of being creative while learning foreign languages, mastery, communication, critical thinking + cognitive biases, international opportunities and writing motivation letters. For example, at the workshop on communication called “How to become a great communicator” the themes of what is the essence of communication, how to start a conversation with strangers, the art of small talk, techniques to influence people, how to be an amazing listener, how to talk to anyone anywhere, public speaking, communication with the opposite sex, keeping strong eye contact, how to give people constructive criticism different tonalities of voice and body language signals, open-mindedness in the conversation, how to talk with actions and the like. We also explored the most influential books on the topic (i.e. “How to win friends and influence people”, “The 48 laws of power”, “Never eat alone”, among others). There were multiple applications of communication techniques in day-to-day life. As no matter what you are doing in life where you are or plan to be a respected manager, interesting
teacher, great public speaker, captivating interlocutor, caring friend or spouse…
- I also attended a conference concerning unemployment and professional development called “Design you job”.
- During my stay I explored some aspects of organization functioning, leadership and management, project actualization.
- We also helped to organize an art&musical festival “сФест” with street art, photography, bricolage sculptures, artists and DJs from 5 different countries, magical and fire shows .
- Секоја недела имавме убави часови по македонски јазик. I wrote: “Every week we had nice lessons of the Macedonian language.”.I hope there are no mistakes in tgay sentence.
- Attended big range of events myself beginning with the topoc of social entrepreneurship and ending with karaoke night.
- In the end I had the chance to explore Florina (Greece) and Skopje(Macedonian capital), the later gave me unexpected pleasant impressions.
All aforementioned components/activities greatly contributed to my personal and professional development.
I want to thank an amazing organization SFERA and its unmatched members: Milcho Duli, Kate Popovska, Mende Sekulovski and Valerija Damchevska for support, flexibility, resourcefulness and every piece of kindness or help I forgot to mention. Also a big “thank you” my sending organization Center for Euroinitiatives (in particular Anastasia Mazur) for instructions, guidance and giving young people such delightful opportunities.
Lastly, thanks to my colleagues… Nives, Hanne, Iren, Beyza, Aristeus, Ivanka, Sneža. And locals: Viki, Ognen, Ljupcho, Iza, Darko, Dorothea, Klimentia and others.
BTW, wherever you are, don’t forget to be awesome!